So, I tured 27 last month. Adam decided that we needed to take a vacation to celebrate said birthday, so we headed south to beautiful Puerto Vallarta!
Let me just start out by saying, it was my best birthday yet. It wasn’t about receiving gifts, money, or cards; it was about spending a special day with the love of my life, while celebrating life and all it has to offer. Adam made sure that our time in Puerto Vallarta was a perfect as it could have been. Let me tell you- I am one lucky lady!
To be honest, we didn’t do a whole lot of anything- besides eat, drink, and lay on the beach. It was an actual relaxing vacation- what a concept!
There is multiple areas to stay while vacationing in Puerto Vallarta. We decided to stay in the Romantic Zone or Zona Romantic. Let me tell you- we were not disappointed in our decision! The Romantic Zone was the perfect location, complete with the beach, fantastic restaurants, and nightlife all within walking distance. It’s also out of the way of all the major chain hotels and resorts- which is always a nice thing!
Adam and I are HUGE fans of Airbnb. How great is it to live like a local?! We found a beautiful condo two blocks from Playa De Los Muertos! We would highly suggest renting a condo versus staying at a hotel, but hey thats just our opinion!
One thing that Puerto Vallarta is not short on, is delicious food! A few of our favorites were:
- Tacos Revolucion– holy moly. We cannot say enough about the tacos here! The service was wonderful, the food was delicious. This place is a MUST! Grab a beer or margartia and enjoy!
- My recommendations: carne asada and chorizo tacos, chips and guac!
- Adam’s recommendations: shrimp taco (he swears this is the best shrimp taco he has ever had) and the Taco Revolucion.
- The River Cafe- we ate here for breakfast three days in a row, and I’m not ashamed to admit that. Everything we had here was fantastic. The wait staff was incredible as well, which always makes the experience better!
- Cafe Des Artistes– Adam made reservations here to celebrate my birthday dinner. Thank the Lord he did. Holy cow, I cannot say enough about Cafe Des Artistes. The food, the wine, the employees, the service, the outdoor seating, the ambiance, etc. I could go on and on about how incredible this place it, but I think you get the point. We decided to splurge and ordered the 5 course meal with a wine pairing. Again- INCREDIBLE. As our dinner came to an end, our waiter and other employees presented us with a extensive dessert display while singing me Happy Birthday. It was a night to remember.
Honestly, PV is an insanely beautiful city that we would recommend to everyone! The architecture, the food, the beach, the picturesque views, and the people are all amazing. We even toured a new condominum building- we couldn’t help ourselves! One day, one day.